Volunteers read or listen to a book and write a review on JCL's website.
Tips for reviewing a book:
- Your job is to be an ambassador to our collection for other patrons who likely are just browsing and are looking for guidance.
- Keep your review under three lines long. Your reviews should be short and to the point.
- Don't summarize the plot. A little description is ok to give the reader context, though.
- Show us your unique perspective on the item! Tell us why you liked or did not like the book.
- Include genre and appeal factors.
Reviews must be for books read in the last 60 days. For each book reviewed, you may log 2 hours of service (One hour for reading/listening the book and one hour for reviewing it.)
Please note - reviews are also welcome on DVDs, games, and CDs in the library collection.
Please note this opportunity is for adult only. If you need service hours confirmed for junior high or high school services hours, please sign-up for our Teen Book Reviewer opportunity.