HomeConnect is a service for Johnson County residents who are unable to come to the library in person. Please help us share an upbeat message by creating a bookmark or handwritten card to include in these deliveries. Volunteers may log 30 minutes (.50) of service for each bookmark and 15 minutes (.25) of service for each handmade card*.
Please adhere to the following guidelines in creating your bookmarks and cards.
- Please use the Bookmark template or other paper cut to 2 ¾" x 8 ½".
- Please be sure to include positive messages.
- Let recipients know you are thinking about them.
- Book puns and quotes are greatly appreciated.
- Please write legibly and spend time working on each card/bookmark.
- Please do not include any messages that are proselytizing, specific religious references (ex: God bless you, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc.), and/or religious pictures.
- Please do not include political messages.
- Please do not use envelopes as all messages must be reviewed by staff prior to distribution.
Bookmarks and cards can be mailed or dropped off at:
Central Resource Library
Attn: Amber Bourek Slater, Volunteer Coordinator
9875 W. 87th St.
Overland Park, KS 66221
*Please note for students looking to earn service hours, you can only earn a maximum of 20 service hours for this opportunity each school year. Your name and contact information is required to receive credit.