HomeConnect is a service for Johnson County residents who are unable to come to the library in person. Please help us share an upbeat message by creating a bookmark or handwritten card to include in these deliveries. Volunteers may log 30 minutes (.50) of service for each bookmark and 15 minutes (.25) of service for each handmade card.
Please adhere to the following guidelines in creating your bookmarks and cards.
- Please use the Bookmark template or other paper cut to 2 ¾" x 8 ½".
- Please be sure to include positive messages.
- Let recipients know you are thinking about them.
- Book puns and quotes are greatly appreciated.
- Please write legibly and spend time working on each card/bookmark.
- Please do not include any messages that are proselytizing, specific religious references (ex: God bless you, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc.), and/or religious pictures.
- Please do not include political messages.
- Please do not use envelopes as all messages must be reviewed by staff prior to distribution.
Cards can be interoffice mailed (please ask your Branch/Friends point person for assistance):
Amber Bourek Slater
8700 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Merriam, KS 66202