Volunteers read a book and write a review on JCL's website.
Tips for reviewing a book:
- Your job is to be an ambassador to our collection for other patrons who likely are just browsing and are looking for guidance.
- Keep your review under three lines long. Your reviews should be short and to the point.
- Don't summarize the plot. A little description is ok to give the reader context, though.
- Show us your unique perspective on the item! Tell us why you liked or did not like the book.
- Include genre and appeal factors.
Reviews must be for books read in the last 60 days. For each book reviewed, you may log 15 minutes (.25) service hours.